It’s that time of the year again. Catan League starts in just two weeks, on Wednesday February 21st!
This post will be going over the details of how to enter and how we will be running the League this year, so let’s Jump right into it!
This year we are requiring a one time entry fee of $10 to participate in Catan League.
The entry fee allows participants to compete during the entire six weeks of play, and enter them in the running for the prizes awarded after the final week.
- We will be following the official rules for Catan during all League games. No house rules.
- Players will be limited to two official games per night. You are welcome to play more, but the scores will not be counted!
- Games will start at 6:45PM to give all participants time to arrive. Please RSVP on our Facebook Event pages to make sure we know you’re coming.
- All games will be kept as close to four players as possible, for score-keeping purposes.
- Tiebreakers will be used to their fullest extent when games end with multiple winners.
- Players will be provided with a score sheet to track final scores and placements of all players involved in the game.
- Turn score sheets into an employee after each game is completed.
- Players will be matched up with the same people every game. Once entrants have been determined, a game seeding system will be put into place.
After a League day has been completed, all score sheets will be collected, and posted to a public Google Document. Top scores will also be on display in the cafe.
We will be tracking both total points scored, and a weighted placement scoring system.
The scoring system will be as follows:
|Number of Players
Games will be held for six week on Wednesdays at 6:30 PM starting February 21st.
Catan League will be on break on the week of March 12th due to the Purdue Spring Break.
||Catan League Week 1 @ 6:30PM
||Catan League Week 2 @ 6:30PM
||Catan League Week 3 @ 6:30PM
||NO CATAN LEAGUE THIS WEEK (Purdue Spring Break)
||Catan League Week 4 @ 6:30PM
||Catan League Week 5 @ 6:30PM
||Catan League Week 6 @ 6:30PM – FINAL WEEK
Make Up Games
Participants are allowed to make up any missed days or games by following a few guidelines.
- Must be played within two weeks of the missed game(s).
- Must be played with at least 3 players. (2 player games aren’t allowed on regular nights either)
- Must be played at Merlin’s Beard.
- Players in a make up game may be people who are not entered into Catan League. However, they must already be familiar with the game.
Any players willing to help others play their make up games will be awarded Honor Points to go towards a bonus prize at the end of the League for the most honorable player!
At the end of the League we will be giving out some sweet, sweet loot. Here’s what’s on the table:
- Merlin’s Beard Gift Cards
- Board game promos
- Board games (Used and New)
- Super secret grand prize for the overall winner! (TBA Soon)
Aaaaaaand, That should be everything! We hope all of our participants have a blast in this year’s Catan League!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here, in the Catan League Events, or via Facebook Message.