Munchkin Mania is upon us!
This post will be going over the details of how to enter and how we will be running the League, so let’s Jump right into it!
This year we are requiring a one time entry fee of $15 to participate in Munchkin League.
The entry fee allows participants to compete during the entire six weeks of play, and enters them in the running for the prizes awarded after the final week.
Entrants will each receive a Munchkin Bookmark promo and two 10-sided dice for in game Level tracking!
Player fare will be charged separately. This event is eligible for our Event Punch Card.
- We will be following the official rules for Munchkin during all League games. No house rules.
- This is not an official Munchkin Tournament, therefore we will not be following the Long Version Tournament Rules.
- Cheating is absolutely not allowed unless accompanied by playing a card!
- Participants will only be allowed to use supplemental items, such as bookmarks and the Level Counter, upon approval from the organizer.
- Players will be limited to two official games per night. Each game will be limited to one hour of play time if no player reaches Level 10.
- Players will be awarded twice as many Levels as they have at the end of the match. Those in sole possession of first will receive triple Levels. These Levels will determine the overall winner of the League.
- Games will start at 7PM to give all participants time to arrive. Please RSVP on our Facebook Event pages to make sure we know you’re coming.
- All games will be kept to a four player minimum when possible. Three player games will only be allowed when there is no other option.
- Each participant will be playing two separate versions of Munchkin each week. However, on week one all games will be standard Munchkin.
- Scores will be final at the end of the night on June 7th!
After a League day has been completed, all level sheets will be collected, and posted to a public Google Document. Top scores will also be on display in Merlin’s Beard!
We will be tracking both total league levels, and a total combat power.
The scoring system will be as follows:
- At the end of a match players will gain League Levels equal to twice their end of game level.
- Players in sole possession of first place will gain triple their end of game level.
- Number of sole victories will be the first tie breaker for League Levels.
- Overall combat power will be the second League Level tie breaker.
Games will be held for six week on Thursdays at 7 PM starting May 3rd.
|Thurs 5/3||Munchkin Mania Week 1 @ 7PM|
|Thurs 5/10||Munchkin Mania Week 2 @ 7PM|
|Thurs 5/17||Munchkin Mania Week 3 @ 7PM|
|Thurs 5/24||Munchkin Mania Week 4 @ 7PM|
|Thurs 5/31||Munchkin Mania Week 5 @ 7PM|
|Thurs 6/7||Munchkin Mania Week 6 @ 7PM|
Make Up Games
Participants are allowed to make up any missed days or games by following a few guidelines.
- Must be played within two weeks of the missed game(s).
- Must be played with at least 4 players, unless otherwise impossible.
- Must be played at Merlin’s Beard.
- All Make up games must be completed by 10PM on June 7th.
- If participants know they will be missing a week, make up games may be played ahead of time.
Any players willing to help others play their make up games will be awarded Honor Points to go towards the most honorable player award!
At the end of the League we will be giving out some sweet, sweet loot. Here’s what’s on the table:
- Merlin’s Beard Day Passes
- Board game promos
- Board games (Used and New)
- Super secret grand prizes for top finishers! (TBA Soon)
Each week, all participants will also receive a Munchkin Promo!
Aaaaaaand, That should be everything! We hope all of our participants have a blast in this year’s Munchkin Mania!