This year we are requesting a one time entry fee of $50 to participate in Catan League. The entry fee allows participants to compete during the entire six weeks of play, and enter them in the running for prizes awarded after the final week. The Grand Prize this League is a 3D Catan Board!!!
- This league is played with all levels of experience.
- Players will be assigned to three or four-person games. Efforts will be made to keep participants from playing the same people in both rounds.
- Each round every group will be using the same board setup, chosen ahead of time to minimize the chances of first-player advantage or fourth-player disadvantage.
Scores will be tracked weekly on the Leaderboard!
- Each player will score a certain number of League points based on their position in the game. This is added to the points earned during play:
- In a Four-player game. First: 5pts, Second: 4pts, Third: 2pts, Fourth:1pt
- In a Three-player game, First: 5pts, Second: 3pts, Third: 1pt
- In the event of a tie after first place, all players in the tie receive the points for the higher position.
- First place tie breakers will be used to their fullest extent when games end with multiple winners.
- First player will be determined by die roll.
- Game play will proceed according to official The Settlers of Catan rules with the following exception:
- If a 7 is rolled in the first two rounds of play, it will be rerolled once.
- The purpose of this rule is to help prevent a player from getting randomly hosed too early in the game.
Games will be held for six weeks on Tuesday at 6:30 starting January 11th.
Catan league will be on break the week of February 13th.
Tuesday 1/11 Catan League Week 1 @ 6:30PM
Tuesday 1/18 Catan League Week 2 @ 6:30PM
Tuesday 1/25 Catan League Week 3 @ 6:30PM
Tuesday 2/1 Catan League Week 4 @ 6:30PM
Tuesday 2/8 Catan League Week 5 @ 6:30PM
Tuesday 2/15 NO CATAN LEAGUE THIS WEEK (BYE WEEK)
Tuesday 2/22 Catan League Week 6 @ 6:30PM
Make Up Games
Participants are allowed to make up any missed days or games following a few guidelines.
- Must be played with two weeks of missed game(s).
- Must be played with at least 3 players.
- Must be played at Merlin’s Beard
- Players in the make up game may be people who are not entered into the Catan League. However, they must already be familiar with the game.
Any players willing to help others play their make up games will be awarded Honor points to go towards a bonus prize at the end of the League for the most Honorable player!
Prizes (on final league day)
At the end of the League we will be given out soon sweet, sweet loot. Here’s what’s on the table:
- First place will take home the 3D Catan board.
- Merlin’s Beard gift cards
- Board game promos